This plug and play 125KHz access control reader can store up to 20 unique EM4102/EM4200 RFID tags and includes a master control tag used to add new tags and erase tags from memory. When an authorised tag is presented to the reader, the OUT line puts out +12v for as long as the authorised tag is held over the antenna
EM4200 Access Controller Details:
- Operates on +12v DC power
- Reads EM4200 (EM4102 compatible) 125KHz 64bit tags
- Store up to 20 RFID tags in the authorised tag list
- Two key fob tags and a master programmer tag included
- 2.1" x 1.3" cylindrical antenna (works great with cylindrical glass tags)
- Antenna connected to controller by 20" cable for easy installation
- Controller encased in automotive grade 4 1/8" x 2 1/8" plastic box
- Red "authorised tag" indicator LED connected by 40" wire
- Black plastic panel mount / holder for LED included
- Requires only 11ma when idle and 48ma when reading an authorised tag (with no load an OUT line)
The access controller can store up to 25 tag IDs in non-volatile memory. When a registered tag is presented to the reader antenna, while the tag is in range of the reader, the red LED indicator will light up and the white signal wire goes high with +12v available to power a relay or trigger an external event. Once the tag is removed, the LED goes dark and the white signal wire goes low (Ov). If an unregistered tag is presented, it is considered unauthorised and the LED will not light, and the white signal wire remains low.
WARNING: Do not apply +12v to the white output wire. This will damage the access controller and in most cases render it useless.
Each reader comes with a 'master tag' which is shipped in a metal tin.
- To program a new tag ID into the controller's non-volatile memory, swipe the master tag across the reader antenna, then swipe the tag you wish to add across the reader antenna within 5 seconds.
- To erase tags from the controller's memory, hold the master tag to the reader antenna for 5 seconds